Every year I have a very important decision to make: when will I put the holiday music on my iTunes? I jump the line on when it's acceptable to start listening to holiday music. On the one hand, I think that Thanksgiving constantly gets the shaft and I don't like to rush into the holiday season too early for fear of burnout. On the other hand, I adore the holidays and like to make sure they don't fly by too quickly.
This year (with the exception of a tradition with some co-workers about having "Holiday Music Time" starting at 4:30pm every day at a particular client……auditors need something happy to look forward to on those long days! But hey, I digress) I kicked off the holiday music around November 23rd. I put up my Christmas decorations early too. As I was listening to my tunes I realized that every year I think about my favorite holiday songs but I never make a list. Since I love lists, I figured this was the perfect year to document my faves! Therefore in no particular order...
Logan's Top Ten Favorite Holiday Songs
1. Last Christmas by Wham (honorable mention: the Glee version)
2. Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano (This just makes me happy).
3. The Chipmunk Song by Alvin & The Chipmunks (should I be embarrassed that I love this song so much?)
4. All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey (Duh.)
5. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by N'Sync (What do you expect? I'm a 90s kid! Plus this video is hilarious.)
6. Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms (such a fun tune)
7. White Christmas by Bing Crosby (what a gorgeous song and I really love every version I come across.)
8. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland (and many more lovely versions!)
9. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) by John Lennon (As a child raised on the Beatles of course this makes my list)
10. I'll Be Home for Christmas by Bing Crosby (classic.)
What are some of your favorites? Wishing you a very happy holiday season!!